Sunday 8 June 2008

When theatre nerds congregate

pre

In this program, sometimes bizzare things happen on stage. Usually, I turn around and ask one of my helpful theatre majors what the heck is going on, but when the actors charged at each other with cutlery, well, even they were at a loss for words. Of course, we decided to recreate this oddity the moment we went outside, but we felt the teensiest bit bad when we saw an actor on his break, so we desisted.


Other strange things: the piano scene ('nuff said), bombs going off in Richard III, an interpretive jig (jigs in general, especially when the dancers were lying dead on stage moments before), moonlight throwing a hissy fit in Midsummer's, the balloon dance, and so much more...



2 comments:

Daniel said...

Hey! So I deactivated my facebook account and promptly lost track of your blog. You'll be happy to know that I actually reactivated it momentarily so as to find you again. How much longer until you come home?

Lyndi said...

I tagged you on my blog jess . . . but you'll never read this so you probably won't ever post . . . :(