Sunday 8 June 2008

So how long have you been in Oxford?


That's what the Yale students who'd been studying there for six months asked me as we all browsed for sweatshirts in a store near the university. Well, about three hours, I admitted but I wanted a sweatshirt so here I was!

Before I came here, my dad made me promise to take advantage of all the opportunities here and live life's to it's fullest. "Buy the soup," was how he phrased it, referring to a super expensive but extremely memorable bowl of soup he ate in the south of Spain. I took his advice and have bought my own variations on Andalusian soup--theatre tickets, brownies, artwork, and now this Oxford sweatshirt. It's been so much fun!

As an added bonus, my roommate decided to treat herself with me and now we walk around matching all the time. Good stuff!

No comments: